April 17, 2009 1 Comment
Well it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything but I thought I would give my predictions for the NBA playoffs with more concentration on the Western Conference:
(1) Cleveland vs. (8) Detroit – Cleveland in 4. What a terrible trade for Detroit. Result: Cleveland in 4
(2) Boston vs. (7) Chicago – Boston in 5. I really want Chicago to win. Too bad they won’t. Result: Boston in 7
(3) Orlando vs. (6) Philadelphia – Orlando in 7. The Magic are limping into the playoffs. Watch for Philly. Result: Orlando in 6
(4) Atlanta vs. (5) Miami – Atlanta in 5. D-Wade can will his team to 1 win. Result: Atlanta in 7
(1) Los Angeles vs. (8) Utah – LA in 5 Result: LA in 5
I had posted a while back about how much I liked the Utah Jazz but the way that they’ve been playing since Carlos Boozer came back has been disappointing. But with a coach like Jerry Sloan and with the 2nd best point guard alive in Deron Williams, I wouldn’t be surprised if Utah takes LA past game 5.
(2) Denver vs. (7) New Orleans – Denver in 6 Result: Denver in 5
I can’t figure out either of these teams so it makes sense that they will be playing each other in the first round. New Orleans has been consistently mediocre the entire season but because of their performance last year, they’re getting a lot of love in this series that they don’t deserve. Last year, Carmelo’s team was called the Enver Nuggets because they didnt have any “D”. But with Chauncey Billups, it’s gotten a little better. Denver in 6 because they’ll steal 1 on the road.
(3) San Antonio vs. (6) Dallas – Dallas in 6 Result: Dallas in 5
AHHH… this feels like a Western Conference playoffs!! This is the most underrated series of all. Losing Manu Ginobili evens the playing field for the Mavs & Spurs. And for the first time, I feel like the Mavs actually have an identity on this team. They’re playing with confidence. Another big point about this series: Tony Parker is fast. But JJ Barea can keep up with him. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see a 2 point guard set with Kidd & Barea for Kidd to run the point and Barea to guard Parker.
(4) Portland vs. (5) Houston – Houston in 7 Result: Houston in 6
I have more of a bias in this series than I do for my fave team, Mavericks. I want so bad for the Rockets to win a playoff series without Tracy McGrady. But they will have to stop the most underrated player in the NBA, Lamarcus Aldridge. Who will guard him? Scola?
OK, I’m done with this post. Until next time…